Love Dive

Welcome to Love Dive and let us join to plunge… to go deeper about love… and share our ideas and experiences. |Love Quotes Collection, Love Poems, Love Poetry, Love Song, Love Experiences, Thoughts and Analysis!|

---





Monday, October 1, 2007

Marriage Vows| Wedding Vows

Soon to be married? Got problems of wedding vows, what to say to really make your wedding romantic, meaningful and unique? Actually, there are typically three different ways to exchange one’s vows. First, “Question and Answer” Vow. This is very traditional where the priest, judge, minister, etc. to ask question from the groom and the bride to which the responds is “I Do”.

Form:
[The priest, judge, minister, etc.]: "Do you, (husband’s Name/ wife’s Name), take (wife’s Name/ husband’s Name), to be your (wife/husband)?" (Groom/Bride Response) "I
do.
"
Second, “Responsive” Vows. This is also quite traditional as you always hear this in a wedding ceremony. The wedding officiant will say a certain sentences then each of the couple will say this:
"I, (Name), Take you, (Name), To be my (wife/husband); To have and to hold, From this day forward, For better, for worse, For richer, for poorer, In sickness and in health, To love and to cherish, 'Till death do us part." And it could be, "I, (Name), Take you, (Name), To be none other than yourself. I promise to stand by your side; To encourage you, and be open and honest with you; To laugh with you, and cry with you; To always love and honor you; Both freed and bound by our love, For as long as we both shall live."
Third, is what we called “Custom” Vow. It’s somehow a verbal love letter from each other. A groom/bride will express his/her feelings for the other, along with the promises to do or even not to do. Most of the couples write them our and just read them to the other during the ceremony.

Example:
Groom:
There was darkness for a long time and then there was light, and that light was you. Your love has given me wings, and our journey begins today. I pledge before this assembled company to be your husband from this day forward. Let us make of our two lives one life. I want you for today, tomorrow, and forever.
Bride:
I have dreamed my whole life of having someone as wonderful as you love me the way you do. I give myself to you as your wife, and I promise here to treasure for all of my days the love we celebrate today. Let us bring together our lives and find us a new each day.
Source: elegant vows

Other Example:
I, ____________, take you, ____________, as my friend and love, beside me and apart from me, in laughter and in tears, in conflict and tranquility, asking that you be no other than yourself, loving what I know of you, trusting what I do not know yet, in all the ways that life may find us.

The Groom places the Bride’s ring on her finger and says:____________, I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you, in the name of God.
Source: elegant vows


Hope these will help a lot to those who plan to get married! Congratulations in advance and Best Wishes!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home